Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turbo Driller and the Neutralizer

    I'm addicted to many amazing blogs, but I have to put one in the spotlight today.  This particular blog asks the funnest questions that really get you thinking.  For a taste of their awesomeness, please go here:

The DMS Wants to Know!

   On Saturday, they asked a very interesting question about superpowers.  Cade and I had been talking about this, and I couldn't believe the odds when I opened their prophetic blog and read their post!
    So, I started thinking about superpowers EVEN more--since it was fate.
    "You know how Captain America's gift is basically just what was already in his heart, but amplified?" I asked Cade and he nodded.  "Well, if that happened to you, I think you'd be Turbo Driller."
    He practically gave me "the eye."  The point is that Cade is a superintendent for a drilling company.  He can drill holes up to 200 feet deep, with a 16ft diameter.  Imagine if he fell into a vat of acid--he could drill to the center of the Earth!
   Not to get sidetracked, but I told him I was writing this post, and he wanted me to share these videos from work.  Please note, one naughty word is said during this first video.
    They blasted before drilling this particular hole.  You can tell they were pretty excited.  My husband got to plant the explosives himself.  


   Here's a video of him actually drilling after it had been blasted:


    The final depth of the hole was 40ft by 10ft diameter for a power line pole.  It took approximately 100 yards of concrete to fill.
     So, back to the point, I thought I'd given Cade an amazing compliment!  "Seriously, Turbo Driller, I can see your costume and everything."
    Well, if you haven't guessed, I told Cade all of that because I wanted to see what he thought I would be.  "Turbo Driller?" he said again.  "Why couldn't I be cool like Wolverine?"
    "Because we're talking about amplification!  Now that we know what you would be . . . Turbo . . . what would I be?"
    He smirked so big, I wished I could take the question back.  "You would be the Charmer.  I know what your outfit would be too."
    "Lame!  Plus, why the Charmer?  That sounds like a villain's name."  I pictured a man with a black top hat and a curly mustache.
    "Of course you'd be the Charmer and you'd be so happy no one could be mad at you.  You could swoon villains."
    --Let me just say those were his EXACT words.  He made sure I wrote that correctly.--
    "I don't want to be the Charmer.  But you can call me . . . the Neutralizer."
    "That outfit wouldn't be as cool."
    "But the name's much better.  Only jerks want to be called the Charmer."
    "Really?" he asked.
    "Absolutely."

    That's my story for today.
                                        Signing off . . .

                                                            The Neutralizer

    On second-thought, I googled my name and this is the picture that came up:




Photobucket

     Maybe I should pick a different name.  

    Just not the Charmer.  That costume is even worse!

Photobucket

    I don't think Cade was thrilled with his outfit--at least the bottom section.
Photobucket


    So what would your superpower be if it was something about you, just amplified?  What would you call yourself?

15 comments:

  1. -I wanted to be the Joker,cause I always joke, smile,laugh... but that's already taken by someone evil ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still old school so flying seems like it would be so sweet. And when you fly you always get that windblown look and that's pretty sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch the videos. The naughty word might make my cry. And you already know I'm Mama Zeus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I don't know I kind of like the outfit for the charmer..haha

    I'd rather be Wolverine too, technically he did get his skeleton given to him, but was only able to live through it because he had super healing, so sorta, maybe, okay. God only knows with me. Either Useless Movie Knowledge Guy or Rhyme Time - Stopping Crime by making their ears bleed with rhyme..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The answer is obvious--I would be THE QUACKER (aka SUPERFISHDUCKY)!! I could drive bad guys crazy by constantly quacking at them until their heads exploded or I could nip at their ankles. Wait, I do those things now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhyme Time - Stopping Crime is EPIC! haha. I haven't a clue what mine would be, maybe Mamma Wolf. Perhaps I will go ask the hubby . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To LOLA-- how can you be Mama Zeus? Zeus is/was a male. Unless gods don't have sex--I mean a SPECIFIC sex. (But what's 10 years in the eternal life of a god/goddess?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be The Baker and would bake an entire bake sale's worth of goodies in about a couple hours. I'd probably be a hero and a villain because everyone loves desserts but dentists and doctors don't love them as much ;)

    The only other quality of mine that popped into my head was my shyness but I'm so severely shy and quiet now that I'm not sure I'd want it to be amplified. Maybe my named would be The Turtle, since I often hide in my shell?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good question! Hopefully not the super-crier who cries at all sappy movies and books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for spotlighting our blog, Elisa! I was cracking up that you were talking about the same topic to Cade when you opened up our blog! Too funny! Then- I loved your thought on who you are amplified! Just like you, I ask my husband questions so that he will answer about me. I am not sure who I would be- but my husband thinks I would be The Memory Queen- as I have a bizarre memory and can remember all kinds of crazy things that have happened in my life. Thanks for posting- I enjoyed this!

    ~Stephanie
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Elisa,
    Wow! That video of the drill taught me so much. I never realized how that was done. When the man behind the power brought it up from the hole and it the drill swivels and dirt flew out I was amazed.

    As to my superpower name, it would be Panther Woman. A woman who did past-life regression once told me that I'd been a Native American shaman in Florida before the Europeans came. I was so wise (ho! ho!) that the people in each village I visited thought I could change into a panther. I like that image. The cats and I could really talk then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that is a good topic.

    Now, you'll hope he forgets the charmer talk soon.

    I'd go with mind reading--it would save me lots of time both personally and professionally.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, I'm a bit scarred for life after seeing Cade's potential costume. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Turbo Driller picture was hysterical! On to check out that blog.

    ReplyDelete