Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I wrote a song for my son who had CDH.

I have some VERY exciting news!  

    Zeke's birthday is in ten days!  That means my book about his life will come out a week from Friday!  You'll get a chance to join my blogfest and win an iPad2 or $500 cash!
    If you'd like to be involved in the blogfest I'm hosting on 11/18, or want more information about my book, please click here:  
    As I got excited about this, I did what any good blogger would do; I googled the number ten.  And these were some of the top results.  Can anyone tell me what this potty has to do with the number of the day?
Photobucket


Oh and I LOVE Sesame Street--that's where I got this picture.  
(Some people just never grow up!)
Photobucket
  
    So, since I've been working on this book launch since January, 2011, I do have some special things to share with you for the next couple of weeks.
    In my book, "The Golden Sky," I described a song I wrote for Zeke.  Well, I took live footage from the funeral, and thought I'd share that with you today.  I hope it won't be too sad, and I'm sorry if it's hard to hear.
  
    Here are the words if you're curious:
Zeke, strength of God
Come now and strengthen him
love him and help him through
the battle

My baby it's so hard
yet so beautiful
God please
give me understanding

though I know some hurts may come
you're worth every one
struggle so deep
for a gift so pure....
I can't imagine life without you...

Sorrow is around me
but it's never
gonna drown me
because our love
will see me through

Our love is timeless
no beginning or end
Our love will tie us
I'll never lose you
I'll never lose you


This is what I said at the beginning of the video:    
    "When we first found out Zeke had problems, I went to the piano because that's how I deal with things.  Well, this is the song I wrote for him." 

  


    If you'd like to see a more recent version of this song, with Cade (my husband) playing the guitar, and me playing the violin, here it is:



   
Also, I wrote a guest post today. It's over at  Daily (w)rite. 
Click HERE if you'd like to read about how to advertise your book.

19 comments:

  1. First, love the new look. And that header picture is phenomenal.

    Ten Days! WOOHOO!

    As far as the redneck toilet goes, I wonder if it was just the tenth picture on whatever site you found it on? Brilliant idea for a redneck. Thoroughly disgusting, but brilliant use of road cone as toilet bowl and drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new background as well. Very nice!

    I am about to listen to your song and then head over to Daily (W)rite.

    Counting down the days with you! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    PS- the words to your song were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look. I don't have speakers on my computer at work but when I get home tonight I fully intend to see both videos of this song for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elisa, the melody of Zeke's sound is evocative, haunting, lovely. And the words touch me deeply.

    I'm excited for both of you that your book will be published in ten days. For you because this is both an end and a beginning. And for Zeke because so many people will meet him and embrace him and come to know his sweetness as you have shared it with us.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful song, from the lyrics to the music. What strength to write that when you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful lyrics, agreed must have took alot of strength to write them. Love the new blog look too and the whole toilet thing...hmmmmm...Maybe the seat is a 0 and the cone is a 1..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! The only thing I'm confused about is how you got a picture of our toilet....

    btw...great song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang that Paige she took my witty comment before I had time to post it. Sigh. lol As for the new look love it. I can't believe it's 10 days till your launch! Crazy! I'm so excited for you I could bust. The song made me cry as always so I'll stop now before i ruin Phil's keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It said my comment was posted but I don't see it, so let me repeat:

    Beautiful new look, beautiful post, beautiful song, beautiful Zeke & beautiful YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any idea why the potty would come up as it did, but I find it hysterical anyway.
    I guess I am easily amused.
    Hopped over from Dee's blog. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice hair =P Excited for your book release! Gonna be kewl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, everyone :) I'm really excited about the new blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin' the new look!

    I am always surprized at how well the violin and guitar sound.

    As always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome new page layout. It looks professional! Really enjoyed the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you're trying to make me drown in my own tears. Oh, Elisa.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. GOd has given you so much talent and amazing strength. You are touching and are going to touch so many! I am really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I like the new look too, and you are so talented! I'm glad you kept the smoking, hair curler, bathrobe button though...love that!;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am totally choked up.

    Your new header is gorgeous. You are gorgeous. And so talented.

    ReplyDelete