Sunday, January 1, 2012

Someone Reported My Blog as Offensive

    Two days ago, someone reported my blog as offensive.  All I'd written about that day was how to write a memoir.
    What shocked me the most about this--even more than the report--was how quickly google responded.  They disabled my google account.  I couldn't leave comments, access my e-mail or see my blog.  Cade tried viewing my blog and it brought him to another page that said my blog no longer existed.
    I immediately e-mailed the gurus at google.  "I don't know what's offensive about my blog," I wrote.  "I blog about being a writer, mom and wife."  Literally within five minutes of sending that message, google had reactivated my blog and google account.
    The moment had terrified me, though.  I can't tell you how scary losing my blog and e-mail was!  So, I spent the next few hours copying and pasting all of my blog posts from the past year.  Now, I don't know how many of you know this, but on January 25th of last year, I decided to blog every day for a year.  I've made my goal so far.  Only 25 more days to go--yahoo.
     Through this experience (of losing my blog), I truly realized how much blogging means to me.  I've met such amazing people.  It's been a wonderful place to keep my writing safe.  When I started my blog, the Zombie Elf liked throwing paper down the vents, toilet or in the garbage; it wasn't a fun time.
    Anyway, I just want all of you to know how much I appreciate you and your friendships.  I knew that before, and now I got a second chance to tell you on my revived blog.  It's back from the dead--it's really back!

    Another thing this made me realize is that I had one helluva year!
    It thought it would be fun to share the coolest moments in my life from 2011.


    Here we go:

    Jan. 
    I owned and operated EC Boutique.  Another company started with the same name--but IT WAS A SEX SHOP!  I started getting calls for them!  Talk about awkward.

    Feb.
    I posted one of my most popular posts EVER, and introduced my brother to the blog.
     
    March
    Cade pulled THE MEANEST prank on me.  It all started with me blogging about a girl who was terribly rude.  Too bad she read my blog!


    April
    I Went Sky Diving With Edward Cullen and Jim Croce

    May 
    I went on a cruise, and Someone Thought I Was British!

    June
    I wrote "Bible Girl" and to my surprise, the Hippie and the Scribe took an interest in storytelling.  

    July

    I featured my most popular blog post--because people want to know:

     August
    A blog war started with Shane:

    September
    I played my violin at an AMAZING memorial for infants who have passed away.

   October
    I went to Vegas and met some real heros!

    November
    My first book was published!  Then, I was published in an anthology!

    December
    A miracle happened!


    But my favorite posts of the year include:

Flirting With Death

&

My final tribute

     
    I can honestly say, 2011 was one of the best years of my life!  I'll never forget it.  
    But 2012 might be just as amazing.
    "The Sword of Senack" (my YA fantasy) is coming out on 3/2/2012.  Isn't this cover awesome!
Photobucket


    "Bible Girl" will be out on 4/21/2012.
Photobucket


    I'm also working on "Homeless in Hawaii."  That book is shaping into one of my best.  I can't wait for its release in 2013.  Cade and I are having a blast remembering the adventure we had as street musicians in Hawaii.   

Photobucket

    So, I hope you had a wonderful year, and that this one will be even better!
    I'm thankful to have a blog.  I was shocked someone thought it's offensive, but at the same time I'm happy they reported it.  Now I remember just how wonderful this year was, and how lucky I am to know all of you!
2012--here we come!