Wednesday, December 28, 2011

They almost killed the babysitter! Part I

    We got a babysitter last week, and the darling girl said it would be fine if we went out for a few hours.  But I worried because although my four kids are awesome, they can be pretty wild at times.
    We'd only been gone a short while when I decided to call the babysitter on her cell to make sure everything was okay.  From the tone of her voice, I should have known what she faced!

Photobucket

    "Hello?"
    "Is this Jess?" I asked.
    "Of course," she said in a strange voice--as if she'd been drinking.  
    "Ummm . . . I know we've only been gone an hour, but I wanted to make sure that everything's okay.  Are you all right?"
    The girl giggled.  "I'm absolutely fabulous.  These kids are great!  Especially that Scribe.  She's so helpful; I've hardly had to do a thing."
    "Are you sure you're okay?  We have to turn off our phones for the movie and . . . "
    "Of course!  Go for it.  Have a blast.  How hard can it be taking care of four beautiful kids, especially when the oldest one does all the work for me?!"
    So, that was awfully strange.  I hung up the phone and turned to Cade.  "Maybe we should go back.  She was acting weird."
    "Oh, you're just reading into things.  Plus, the movie's about to start."
    I listened to my husband then, even if my mommy sensor pulsed as if on fire.  It wasn't until we got home that I really worried.
    We walked through the door and the babysitter grabbed my arm.  "The night's been terrible--TERRIBLE!  How do you watch these kids day in and day out!  I couldn't get a hold of you and then your boy got naked and tried peeing on the Christmas tree!  I'm leaving."
    She ran from the door and I yelled after her.  "But when I called you, you said everything was all right."
    "No I didn't," she said.  "You never called!"
    After she sprinted from sight, I sneaked down stairs and heard the Scribe telling ghost stories to her siblings.  That's when I knew what had happened!
    "She's in deep trouble," I told Cade.
    "Oh, yes, she is."

22 comments:

  1. Impersonating the babysitter? Can't wait to hear part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...how clever. The poor babysitter though. She may need therapy for a long time! hahaha. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow! My kids would be in sooo much trouble, too. This is definitely a story that will be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT my sweet little Scribe!!! Is this the end of the world?

    Elisa, how is it that you don't recognize your daughter's voice on the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have heard her voice though! It was so low and . . . Strange. She really had me going LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only the Scribe would be genius enough to pull this off! Have to give her some Kudo's though for originality. Brilliant little evil savant! giggling imagining this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha such a funny and sneaky little trick. I'm sure The Scribe just wanted the babysitter to get the full effect of all your kids have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pee on the Christmas tree. Yeah, I like that. I don't expect you'll be seeing that babysitter again.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh-oh! Scribe must've disguised her voice really well if you didn't recognize it.

    Looking forward to part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH that girl, so glad I don't have to feel alone as the mother of a spirited child!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor babysitter!
    This reminds me somewhat of Calvin and Hobbes...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it bad if I say I'm not surprised? lol. Did you ever post the story about the fake dog poop and your sweet innocent Scribe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! She's good. My kids went through several babysitters.

    We finally have two now, one who does overnights (she's 30) and one who does afternoons and snow days (17).

    But there was one, who sent Youngest to his room. Youngest escaped out the basement door and took off into the yard. *sigh* That was the last time we saw that sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was he peeing on the tree to put out a fire?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know who is in bigger trouble: you or the Scribe. What will she be like when she hits 16?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to get naked and pee on the Christmas tree as well. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Part 2. You make my day! Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for that babysitter, but I'm here laughing my head off!

    How old is the Scribe? Sheesh, she sounds too old and too smart for a babysitter. But of course, with a streak like that, I would probably not trust her to babysit the siblings either. ha!

    Thanks for always making me smile! I can't wait to hear part 2!!

    JadeLouise Designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! Can hardly wait for part 2!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe the Scribe pulled that off on the phone! She is a smart one. This was actually really fun reading in reverse!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have the best stories, Elisa. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete