Saturday, December 24, 2011

If it's cold, be naughty . . .

    Remember how my laptop and washer broke? Then, to top that madness off, our van's window stopped rolling up yesterday--too bad it was about 20 degrees at the time. Well, last week I shipped off the Ipad2 from my book launch, and I have to admit it felt surreal.
    The funny thing about it is that I have a dinosaur phone. I got my first laptop this year. We just don't buy a lot. Anyway, I didn't want to tell anyone, especially my father, that everything's falling apart.
    "So," he said, "how's your laptop working out for ya?"
    "Ummm . . . it's hanging in there."   That was a lie, though; Santa wouldn't be pleased.  My laptop won't even turn on!
Photobucket
    So, time went on and just after I'd shipped the iPad2, my family had a Christmas party. I couldn't believe it when my dad gave me, as well as my brother and sister's families, each an iPad2.
    I started crying when I turned to Cade. "I didn't know what we'd do without a laptop. I thought I'd have to quit my blog."  Because for me, that would be the end of the world.
    "And now you won't have to quit anything." Cade smiled so big; I saw his molars.
    After that, I went up to my parents and told them thank you.
    The Hippie walked over to me later. "You must have been awfully good to get something like that."
    "And the great thing is," I whispered, "it's for all of us."
     Her eyes lit up, but she'd obviously been thinking about something else because she changed the subject. "Mama, did you know, not everyone wants to be good for Christmas?" 
    "And why's that?"
    "Aren't some places of the world really cold--like Russia?" she asked.
    "Yeah?"
    "They must be really bad over there where it's cold. I keep thinking, if I lived in Russia, I'd do almost anything to get some coal." 
    So, remember this: If it's cold, it's okay to be naughty.  
    Now winter terrifies me! 


    On a side note, someone hired Cade and me to perform at a party on the 26th.  We've been practicing like crazy.  Anyway, we decided to make a vlog of our version of Pachelbel's Canon; we'll post that on Christmas.  I'm so excited to see what you'll of it.
    Here's some of our other music if you haven't heard it before:

5th Side

    Have a wonderful Christmas Eve! 

22 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Elisa! How wonderful you got an iPad2! I love mine and couldn't get along without it, except I also love my iMac, which I can't take with me when I go to the coffee shop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, I would give anything to make it snow here :( Every year there was snow, but this year it's weirdly warm and no snow for Christmas :/

    I'm glad you didn't have to stop blogging. that would make so many people sad :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I know little about the techie world that I had to google ipad2. Wow! That is so so so cool! I just met you but I would have hated to see you lost from blogland!! What a wonderful present.

    Merry, merry, merry Christmas!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you received this gift-you've been giving us gifts all year long without taking anything in return. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing! How wonderful that your father and your heavenly Father went shopping together to get the perfect gift for you! Merry Christmas to you and your family Elisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Happy to hear it.

    Also, as a fellow iPad owner, personally I find I prefer it to a laptop for some tasks. For starters battery life is awesome. It's great to be able to sit literally anywhere, plug not necessary, and get a full days worth of work done on it.

    Oh and before anyone tells you otherwise, I wrote the entirety of my first novel on my ipad and have continued to use it as my primary editing tool. The only thing I needed my PC for was formatting and uploading.

    I asked Santa for a bluetooth keyboard this year, so hopefully that'll just give me more incentive to use it. Enjoy!

    Oh and of course, a very Merry Christmas to you and your family and likewise a big thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has had repeated problems with the back windows in his car - sometimes when they go down they don't come back up. And yet he keeps putting them down. His short-term solution before going to the mechanic is to open the door and push them up with one hand on each side of the window and then duct tape them closed. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS (duh) Good luck with the performance! I look forward to seeing your rendition of Pachelbel's Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Just be glad you're not raising kids in Russia!! (Especially The Hippie!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmaqs to you & your entire family--including your GENEROUS dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha never thought of that, but yeah being naughty will surely keep you warm in places like Russia. Merry Christmas and glad it's not the end of world, you have to blog..haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely gift. What goes around comes around. I played the video of Famous 4 a Moment. My dogs came in to listen and seemed quite curious and happy. They didn't howl and neither did I. By the way, how come The Pretty Fairy gave you extra sparkle from her magic wand? And The Talent Fair -- she seems fond of you, too.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  14. At first I didn't get the connection between cold weather and being naughty. Then I read Pat Hatt's comment above and after a few seconds it clicked! (we use wood for our fire, not coal.)

    Yay for an iPad2! Granted, I don't have one nor do I want one, but that doesn't mean I don't think they're cool. My aunt has one and loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a coal stove down stairs. I have to be honest here, it would seriously help with the winter heating costs come February. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Scribe is such a smart one. So happy for you! You totally deserve the new ipad. Sorry I've been so absent lately. It's been crazy. I'll be without a computer for the next week. Don't think I don't still love you. I do! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a plan in this economy! lol Merry Christmas girl! Love ya bunches and hope you have a great, fun and exciting year. Here's my disclosure
    An exciting year to exclude, broken appliances, green children, melted toys in the oven, broken laptops/computers/ipads, No broken bones, misery or any other unpleasant events such as
    Nosy neighbors that tell you how to mow your lawn or take out your trash. Well you get the picture. No bad stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas to you and your family! It sounds like you had an awesome one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on the gig and gift.
    merry christmas to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas! Nice gift! I love that piece of music, can't wait to hear a snippet, good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That gift was perfect for you! I'm very happy for you.
    cant wait to hear your version of Pachabels Cannon. One of my favorites.
    Merry Christmas.
    You have been such a wonderful friend this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another example of giving to receive. If you don't put any good out in the world, you don't get any good back! I love The Scribe's rationalization of when it's okay to be naughty. After all, who wants to be good when it's cold outside?

    ReplyDelete