Monday, December 19, 2011

My Baby said "no no"

    Why do people always tell me what to do?  Miss Priss wants the garbage off my porch.  Cade wants his favorite meals AND his pants actually washed.  And now . . . to top all that madness off, the baby told me "no no."
    You need to read the whole story, though.  Let's back up.
    
    Doctor Jones, my one-year-old princess refused to go to sleep.  She was so tired; her eyes looked puffy.  
    Why won't she act like the angel babies on google? 

Photobucket

    Anyway, so I rocked the kid.  I even sang.  She patted my face.  "Good, Mama."
    Oh, so now I was doing what she wanted!  
    She sang with me as we swayed.  That kid could tame a giant.  I couldn't quite tell what she sang, just that it actually sounded in tune.
    Then, the closer we rocked to her crib I heard her singing ever so gently, "no, no, no, no, no, no, no."
    So I backed away from the crib.  She patted my face.  "Good, Mama," she sang.  We rocked some more, until my arms almost fell off.  
    I approached the crib again.  "Hush little baby don't say a word.  Mama's gonna buy you a--"
    But she didn't want to listen to the song!  She didn't even obey the words.  Instead, she sang right along with me, louder the closer we got to the crib.  "No, no. NO. NO. No."
    I backed away and her voice became a wisp.
    "You know, if you were my first kid, I'd be totally wrapped around your finger.  You're just too smart.  But fortunately for you, I have three other kids to take care of and YOU need to go to sleep--like one of those angel babies on google."
    So, I sang again, going closer to the crib.  The whole time, she sang "no" with me, louder and louder.  Then, softer as we backed away until we both started giggling so hard I dropped to one knee.  
    I put her in her crib after the giggle-fest ended, pulled a blanket around her tiny body and patted her on the face.  "Good baby," I said.
    I leaned down so she could pat my cheek and tell me, "good, Mama," like she had earlier, but instead she cocked back her hand, gave me this strange look and hit me across the face.  "No. No no no," she sang and closed her eyes before a huge smile played across her face.  "Good, Mama," she said and rolled over--giggling!


    I'll never forget it. Sure, she hit me, but it does prove the kid is smart.
    You know, she just might end up being like the rest of them.  I'm a bit scared, though.  She's awfully young, which means she has a head start!


On a side note:  My laptop is dying.  I've been borrowing a friend's computer (she's SOOO nice and visiting from out of town).  Now she's going home and I'll miss her.  Anyway, I'll be without a working computer, so I'm taking my laptop to the computer geniuses today.  Hopefully they'll fix it soon so I can read your amazing blogs ;)
-E

P.S. I'll be back tomorrow, even if it is on the library's computer!

32 comments:

  1. That google baby has the most amazing legs! Such a nice story, even if she did haul off and hit you one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your laptop fixed!

    I love this blog, and your kids are amazing. And Dr Jones... definitely has a head start. I'm not sure if that's a good or a scary thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah "No" the universal favorite word of young children everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite blog! . . That is all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no, no. I shouldn't, but I can't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She really can carry a tune, just like her Mom! I would have been on my knees laughing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that stinks about your lap top. I hate when the dumb electronics stop working. At least the computer geniouses around here drive Beetles. That always makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smart baby. I swear they have some kind of sense that allows them to know when they can get us to do what they want. One of my daycare kids will stare at me, start crying for no reason. I'll pick him up and he laughs. As soon as I put him down, he looks at me and starts crying...and the circle continues.

    Hopefully you get your computer fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kid is to much! Hope you get your lap top fixed missy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is too funny! She is a smarty pants and you will definitely have you hands full with her. lol.

    My 2 year old has figured out "no!" Of all my kids I've never had a terrible 2 stage until NOW! with my boys it hit at age 3..I guess my daughter is just ahead of the game. /sigh.

    And to top it off, I get to blame the husband for her knowing how to say "no." as he taught her because as he says, "it's just so cute when she says it"..yeah..until he's gone to his internship and i"m the one stuck at home with 3 crazy kids, outnumbered and a little 2 year old who tells me "NO" to everything! Payback is coming though...he just doesn't know it yet. lol.

    JadeLouise Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha you've been told by a one year old...haha Ohhh dying laptops, hate when that happens. Sometimes it even costs more to fix then does to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doomed! Cutely doomed, but nonetheless that child will run you ragged, giggling all the while! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's definitely one smart cookie! LOL! Great story.

    Sorry about your laptop. I hope you can get it fixed soon. I feel cut off from the world now without the internet. Sad, but true. I'll be waiting for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someday you and Dr. Jones should take your act on the road and be street musicians. Oh! No, no, no, you already did that with your husband. No, no, no computer. I'm so sorry. Life is hell with no, no, no computer. I'm feelin' no, no, no love. People are always telling me no, no, no -- even when I try to be nice. Someone I Love had no, no, no luggage for a while. And tell Dr. Jones Lola said NO! NO! NO! Do not hit Mama!

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehehehe! My 5 year old nephew was sitting on the toilet and yelled for my sis. She came in and he explained that he had plugged the toilet. The 1 year old came in, slapped him across the face, and walked out. My sis about died of laughter! I think he's been watching too much daytime tv!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this story. So cute! Those are the best kinds of memories, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so funny. Of course it brings to mind the "Go the "F" to sleep" poem that has been running around. The one time that you really need them to go to sleep without fuss, they will fight you tooth and nail. If there is not any hurry, they will pass out in their spaghetti. I think it is one of those ways that karma gets you when you least suspect it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always keep teeny boxing gloves around for times like those. You just never know when you're gonna need them.

    Good luck with your laptop. When mine died it was 1 month before I got it back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy reading your blog.... this was a great, and cute, post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That child has a wonderful sense of humor. I lo it. They are so smart aren't they? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dr. Jones sounds exactly like your other 3 kids--brilliant, precocious & DEVIOUS! Good luck on living through their childhoods!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought kids didn't learn to say "no" until age 2 (you know, the Terrible Twos)? No kidding on her getting a head start!

    I don't know why, but as soon as I read "angel babies on google" I knew this would be a funny post. Guess it's one of those "so true it's funny" statements :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL Smart little kid. I made a song out of the word "no" when I was a little one. That's too funny. Sorry Elisa. And so sorry about your computer. I've been hearing a lot about computers lately. We just sent one of ours off with the computer genius today. Keeping fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. When my youngest was a wee one he would put his hand over my mouth when I sang just to stay awake. You're in for it Elisa. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think my daughter could say no when she came out of the womb. lol.... That is just part of the drama in her I guess. She keeps life entertaining!!!! TOO FUNNY! That is why I love kids!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish I could remove the word "no" from my children's vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I told ya that kid was trouble the minute I laid eyes on her. lol. Only the best kind of trouble. Give her a "forehead to forehead" from me. Miss you guys. Good luck at the computer fix it shop...don't forget to mention Nancy and they might give you a discount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute story...how old is she? Just ran across this on twitter&wasn't sure who posted it,but wanted to say how cute it is.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for your comments.

    She's almost two. Poor kid, I just posted something else about her. I had to call poison control yesterday.

    ReplyDelete