Friday, September 14, 2012

You are what you eat--What does that mean?

Seriously, what does "You Are What You Eat" really mean?
    I remember this saying from back in high school. I sat eating apples with a really great guy. Then some bully strutted over and said to my friend, "You are what you eat!"
    "What does that mean?" I asked.
    "He's eating a fruit isn't he! That makes him a fruit."
    The bully walked away, eating a fat boy and I should have yelled at him, "You're an idiot--look what you're eating."

   But instead I stayed silent, trying to convey--with my eyes--how sad I felt for my friend the apple-lover.
    So what is it with food? Does it have power over who we are? Should I study everything I've eaten instead of my astrological sign? Is there a reason I was silent about the Fat Boy, is it because I love chicken?

Signing off,
E