Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Doctor Jones

I can hardly believe that my baby is three years old today!

She sure does make life fun.
A few months ago, after we left the dollar store, Doctor Jones tried crossing the street without me. I screamed, grabbing her and holding her close. "Honey, look out.  That's dangerous!"
    She studied the road and then turned to me. "Oh, Mama," she said, shining like the angel she is, "you're right!"
    I paused.  Did she really say those magical words?  
    Almost better than, "Will you marry me?"  "I do." Or, "You won the lottery."  My toddler said I'm right.
    Folks, it was epic because validation is a beautiful thing!  It only took five kids AND eleven years of being a mother. . . .
    I've heard this'll only happen once in my lifetime.  Do you think that's true?