Monday, March 5, 2012

Toot Toot!

    Thanks to all of your support and generosity, Melynda's book, "Just Nonsense" made it to the 5th best selling book for family humor on Amazon last weekend!  It's still listed as #6 even today!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, please go here: 

"Just Nonsense" Release and Blogfest!


    Isn't that awesome?!  What an accomplishment for an amazing person.  Her book just came out and she's already considered an Amazon best seller!  I'm so proud of her and her writing--so thankful to have her as a friend.
    
    On another note, I've been getting ready for my next book release.  Wow--it's busy setting everything up.  Some neat things have happened though.  It sounds like Journal Jabber would like to interview me about surprising Melynda with "Just Nonsense" and writing "The Sword of Senack."  The northern library systems in Utah are going to order copies.  The main librarian read an advance copy and loved it--which is fantastic news.  And I recently talked with the woman over the Girl Scouts of Utah and they're considering letting me speak to the whole Northern Region so the girls can get their writing badges.
    Also, through all of this, Wayman Publishing has received some fun entries for the contest, but is excited to have more to judge.  Don't forget, art entries are free--Fishducky where's your entry?! :) 

    And the final news.  The Scribe and the Zombie Elf have the flu today.  I only got an hour of sleep last night and between preparing for "The Sword of Senack," blogging, taking care of kids and cooking meals that are forgotten and then burned, I'm running on fumes.  But at least it's led to some hilarious experiences, like how the oven started on fire the other day.  The Zombie Elf put a toy in it and while I preheated the oven, the fires blazed. 
Photobucket
Note: It's amazing what pictures you can find on google!

    Well, enough of that.  I'm going to take a nap--hopefully.
      I am so blessed.  Writing can be a tough gig, but just having people read my work feels wonderful.
    Have a great day!