Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a Gossip; Kissing a Cow

    I have a big flaw.  I hate it actually, but I'm starting to change.  The fact remains, sure I'm a go-getter.  When I set out to do something, it gets done.  But on the down side of my personality . . . I'm a gossip.  When my feelings are hurt, I have to call everyone close to me and tell them about it.  (Thus, some of the entries in my journal.) I'll cry and vent, remembering everything from YEARS before.  Just thinking about it makes me feel terrible.  On judgement day, I'll stand in rags--and I'll have something gross like ear hair--because God will punish me for not keeping my mouth shut.        
    Well, recently I met my Yoda.  I've always dreamed about knowing a writing mentor and it finally happened!  To me this is almost better than getting published.  Like being an apprentice--with laser vision AND a four foot cape!
Photobucket
    Anyway, I was on the phone with Yoda the other day when the topic veered from grammar. I thought of writers and how much power they can have.  There's one man in particular--a famous one who grew up with my father; that author has a problem with gossip and even wrote about my father BY NAME as a character who died a terrible death.  It's hilarious and wild--a good example of what I never want to turn into.  That's why I told Yoda, "I'm a gossip and I need to stop before it's too late." (And God gives me ear hair.)
    "Really?"  She paused for a moment. "My mom used to always say something about gossiping."
    "What was it?" I asked, clutching onto her words because when someone is Yoda, you listen up!
    "Mrs. O'Leary kissed a cow. To each their own taste I always say."
    It was so beautiful--sooooo perfect.  To each their own!  We're all different, so why judge?!  See, I told you this woman is Yoda!
    I vowed then, I would use this line on Cade or the children.  I just needed to catch them gossiping.  How hard could that be, right?

To be continued . . . with more gossip . . . tomorrow!