Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Week of School (Entry 21)

This post has been removed for the novel's debut in April, 2012 . . .

Photobucket




    Elisa isn't your regular nerd.  She's not the kind of person who quotes Monty Python, or has a periodic table tattooed on her butt.  No she's a different sort altogether.  She carries a duct-taped Bible everywhere, wears bright-orange polyester pants, and dyes her hair with red kool-aid.
    Even though she tries slipping by apart from the crowds, it doesn't help that her best friend happens to be "The Boarder," one of the cutest and most popular boys in school.  He's not willing to let her go unnoticed—not until she goes to the homecoming dance with another guy.
   "The Boarder" starts acting weird after the date goes well, and Elisa begins wondering if he's only been looking at her as a friend or maybe something more.  She must choose between her best friend and "The Bad Boy," but will she make the right choice?

6 comments:

  1. You know Elisa...it's to bad we (human's) don't understand..."He who is without fault let them cast the first stone !" There is only one entity who can pass judgement and none of us (human's) have met him yet.

    So after reading this post and then thinking back to your 10th year HS re-union and not publishing your bio...I wouldn't fret to much over their opinions...like I said..."He who is without fault let them cast the first stone".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you crazy girl? You can't stop there, you just can't! Whats going on? I am totally confused. I thought you couldn't go through with it and now you are telling some crazy pastor that you are not a virgin and he means to exorcise you? What kind of a loopy town did you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Siv Maria!

    And my heart breaks hearing what you went through. It was so wrong of them.

    On another note, your new posts are not showing up on my blog like they used to. The most current post of yours on my blog is still the Fatal Question post. I think you've got the same problem Melynda had....or is it my computer? hmmmmm.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry every time I hear this story. I know you and I have talked about this many times. I know how bad this hurt you. All I can say to you is I am so proud of you for getting this out in the open and getting some closure on it. Keep going. Don't quit. Most important here is trust yourself to write this out. Love your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it wasn't a fun time. I'm glad it's over though. I almost have to laugh as I write about it now. It's good seeing things through the eyes of an adult. I'm having a bit of a hard time writing the next part. I probably need to just get it out.

    I can't figure what is going on with my posts. I contacted blogger customer service, but still haven't heard back from them. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post breaks my heart! It makes me so sad and frustrated with those people who thought they had all the answers. Especially your youth pastor!!! Hopefully he's either out of that position or had a complete reality check! You are so strong and brave to be able to write about this. You leave me hanging every time!

    ReplyDelete