Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Locker (Entry 33)

This post has been removed for the novel's debut in April, 2012 . . .

Photobucket





    Elisa isn't your regular nerd.  She's not the kind of person who quotes Monty Python, or has a periodic table tattooed on her butt.  No she's a different sort altogether.  She carries a duct-taped Bible everywhere, wears bright-orange polyester pants, and dyes her hair with red kool-aid.
    Even though she tries slipping by apart from the crowds, it doesn't help that her best friend happens to be "The Boarder," one of the cutest and most popular boys in school.  He's not willing to let her go unnoticed—not until she goes to the homecoming dance with another guy.
   "The Boarder" starts acting weird after the date goes well, and Elisa begins wondering if he's only been looking at her as a friend or maybe something more.  She must choose between her best friend and "The Bad Boy," but will she make the right choice?

8 comments:

  1. And the plot thickens. lol I'm kinda sorry you didn't punch that little snot.
    I'm thinking you didn't really want to say goodbye to Cade... Not really. Can't wait to see how you end this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have punched her at the point where she said, "Anyway, I think Cade's really into me. He always kinda was. Sorry for your loss."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another chapter of your life, and I want to know what happens next. I am with Alicia Marie, punch that pink poodle out. Is she the one with whom you have play dates later, and her kids are monsters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kid with the monsters is another girl. I haven't talked to Poodle-face in about nine years. I did see some pictures of her on facebook last year though. She was dating a guy who looked just like Bobby. Kind of crazy.
    I hope she'd doing better and is seeing life through different eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much violence girls...lol! Seems you grew up fast in just a few days. Like the rest of the crew here I am waiting for more of the Cade romance. Now if that minister was real, wouldn't that have made you a married lady? hmmmmmmmm...So much to ponder and the answers are not coming fast enough. Bad bad girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how I can identify with this story, even though I've never met your characters.

    There's always a Poodle face some where isn't there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bah, blogger sucks. I had a nice long comment for you, but I don't think I could word it correctly again. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the line about "those memories meant everything because they were worth keeping"

    I knew a Poodle face as well...

    ReplyDelete