Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Romeo . . . Romeo . . . (Entry 28)

This post has been removed for the novel's debut in April, 2012 . . .

Photobucket





    Elisa isn't your regular nerd.  She's not the kind of person who quotes Monty Python, or has a periodic table tattooed on her butt.  No she's a different sort altogether.  She carries a duct-taped Bible everywhere, wears bright-orange polyester pants, and dyes her hair with red kool-aid.
    Even though she tries slipping by apart from the crowds, it doesn't help that her best friend happens to be "The Boarder," one of the cutest and most popular boys in school.  He's not willing to let her go unnoticed—not until she goes to the homecoming dance with another guy.
   "The Boarder" starts acting weird after the date goes well, and Elisa begins wondering if he's only been looking at her as a friend or maybe something more.  She must choose between her best friend and "The Bad Boy," but will she make the right choice?

7 comments:

  1. Holy Juliet! This post was so good! I think it's great that you broke character and addressed the audience...it was genius!

    And I also think some really good things happen to you when you break character in real life. Look at where you are now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Elisa! This was again, an amazing enry. A Capulet can only resist the stars for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Stephanie. I'm just learning that lesson much older than you did.. lol You had to let go and get out of your Bible Girl routine and I have to get out of hermit mode. lol You live you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, but you know what? I feel so sorry for Poor Romeo. You my dear Juliet are one stubborn Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo excited that you liked this one :) I had fun writing it. It's crazy, but sometimes I still have that dream. I think writing this all down is helping me though. I feel like I'm letting go of things I shouldn't have held onto for all these years. The eyes of an adult are definately better than the ones I used as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, this was really good, but I think I've missed a few posts. I was still stuck on when you went out with Cade for the first few times, now he's in love with you, can I hit rewind?

    ReplyDelete