Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Cutting Back to Part Time

 Yesterday, I had to officially cut back from full- to part-time hours. I can’t describe how hard this was for me because it’s admitting a weakness. It’s equally devastating that I’m applying for disability—and I’m not even 40 yet!  


I know I might sound dramatic, but I want to dig a hole, drink pina coladas alone, and not come out for a long, long time. 


I derive so much of my worth from working hard and earning money. And I LOVE my job. This is the most amazing company. They’ve toiled with me through all of this, listened and been patient throughout treatments and time off. They even collected a donation when I had to travel all those times for radiation. 


I’m telling you, if you ever need to utilize newsletters for marketing, please contact Newletter Pro because they’re marketing geniuses AND the owner is such a genuinely good guy! I don’t know how my family would have made it this far without them. (And I’m glad they’re keeping me part time.)


My nurse sighed with understanding as I spoke with her yesterday. “This is what needs to be done,” she said on the phone. “We’ve been telling you to cut back. Something’s gotta give, and unfortunately it will continue to be your health unless you slow down. I’ll fill out the disability paperwork this week.”


Anyway, I know this “new normal” is for the best, but it’ll take a minute to get used to. 


Poor Mike. First he marries a single mom, then she gets stage four cancer, and now she needs to be on part-time disability. #lemon 


Whatever I lack, I better make up for in personality! And I better learn some new recipes! I’m gonna make this up to him somehow. If things get desperate I just might end up writing another erotic novel.



This is a pic from when I got the job in the summer of 2020.  I still miss my hair! 

2 comments:

  1. You gotta do what you gotta do . . . hard and unfair as it may be. But you know this already. Not that this knowledge makes it any easier. Hugs!!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete