Friday, January 4, 2013

Have you ever lived in a car?

    Have you ever lived in a car, with a man you hardly knew? (Guys, if you have, we'll understand.) 

    Ever been so cold because the two-door Isuzu's ripped-up seats bit into your arms and back, and you couldn't afford to keep the car running all night?

    Loved someone who just wanted to be friends?

    Have you had to sleep next to said person--IN THE BACK OF A FREEZING CAR?  (Who saw that question coming, right?  YOU should get an award.)
    
    "Put your arms around me," I wished I could tell Cade because it was flippin' cold--and I wanted him to admit that he liked me as more than a friend.  YET--the man didn't admit anything for months!  And at times, those feelings were less than complimentary.
    We saved up and bought plane tickets to Hawaii.  I thought we'd been through a real adventure in the western states--too bad I had no idea what Hawaii would hold.

    Since my book Homeless in Hawaii just came out, I've been remembering where I was during the months when I was homeless.
 Homeless in Hawaii (The Golden Sky)

   So, in early January, twelve years ago . . . that's where I was.

Where were you twelve years ago? 


    Well, that's it for today.  But I did write a guest post that I'd REALLY like for you to read--if you have time.  Here it is:
 

Also, a fun review for Best of ECWrites went up this week.  You can read that HERE.