Friday, August 10, 2012

Why is it so hard to start homework?

If there's one thing that makes me feel like an idiot, it's doing homework with my kids.  "What's 8 times 12?" The Hippie asked.
    What the Hell?  Our nation goes into recession and suddenly third graders have to know times tables up to twelve!  This IS NOT helping the recession.  Poor, hardworking parents--just making it by--have to worry about putting food on the table AND looking like idiots in front of their kids.  I've stayed up nights studying.  I can't even remember half of the math problems I used to know.


    After doing homework--for hours--I took the kids to the movie store so they could get a real education. I counted my cash wrong and the clerk tapped his fingers on the counter.  "You're a dollar short," he said.
    I'd battled my own self-worth until I couldn't count ones correctly.  "I'm sorry." I smiled, hiding my pain and handing him another dollar.  "Every time I've had a baby I've lost a fourth of my brain."  Then I threw in some math skills--just to feel competent. "I've had five kids--you do the math.  Now I'm in the negative."
    "That isn't true," The Hippie said to me and the clerk.
    "Sure it is," the clerk said without missing a beat as he turned to my daughter. "Where do you think your brain came from?"
    Thank God for the movie store.  I told you that's the best place for kids to get an education!
    So if you're a kid reading this and you googled "Why is it so hard to start homework?"  The answer is, because it's painful, but you have to do it--so you can be witty like the clerk at the movie store.  Seriously, awesomeness does exist and the man just proved it.

Onto other news, Wayman Publishing has a Facebook page.  But they need likes.  If you have a chance can you like their page because it'll bring good karma your way--honestly it's worth a shot!



In closing, I'm trying to amass my army--well not really but that sounded cool.
To join a blogfest I'm hosting, please go HERE