Thursday, March 21, 2013

I have Hypoglycemia

I haven't been feeling well lately.  It's not a big deal really, just dizziness, blacking out, trouble breathing and memory loss during these short times. All right, so it might be a little problem.  It hasn't been fun.  And I'm really glad I went to the doctor.  He did some blood tests and now we know what we're dealing with.  I need to get on a diet, so I won't feel like this anymore.  It's scary blacking out.  AND scary going on a diet.  I swear that if I didn't have a fast metabolism I'd be over 400 pounds.  I just like eating what I want to--cheese, coke, chips and cookies.
    Anyway, two weeks ago, I blacked out on the stairs, and luckily grabbed onto the railing before I fell down.  That's when I decided to visit the doctor!  How scary to have that happen while taking care of the Zombie Elf (4) and Doctor Jones (3).
    Only a couple of people have known about this.  It's not something I wanted to shout from the rooftops. . . . Comprende?
    I guess I have hypoglycemia
    After these "episodes"--when I'd apparently not eaten the right things--I joked telling Cade, it's a good thing I wrote memoirs, because at this rate, I'm just losing my mind and my memories.  Was it Alzheimer's?  Adult onset autism?  A brain tumor?  This is partly a joke, honestly I've been really worried.  It sucks blacking out so much, wondering if the next time I'd faint completely.  I could just envision myself at an old folk's home--at thirty years old!  Reading my own damn books and wondering who wrote them.
    Anyway, this isn't a huge problem now.  I'm excited to meet with the dietician and make a plan.  This is better than a tumor, really.

    I hope all of you are doing great.  When things settle down with my health everything should go back to normal.
    
    Here's a video of my last signing.  It kinda cracks me up because, looking back, I always eat the same things before a signing/playing gig.  I always feel better.  Now I know why!  Maybe my brain has been trying to tell me something subconsciously LOL!