Friday, December 25, 2020

It is Well

 “Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, ‘It is well, it is well with my soul.’” These words were written by composer Horatio G. Spafford after he suffered some of life’s worst tragedies. His son died from pneumonia, then his business was destroyed in a fire. As if all of that wasn’t enough, a short time later all four of his daughters were killed in a terrible accident at sea. 


When traveling over the spot where his daughters died, Spafford wrote this song: “It Is Well With My Soul.” I can’t completely do it justice right now on the violin (below), but the sentiment is the same. I have no idea what the future days, months, or years will hold, but I have faith that there’s a reason for it. There’s a plan. 


I played this yesterday, sounds silly but it took almost all of my energy (I’m still so exhausted from cancer treatments). 


Merry Christmas, everyone! I know the holidays aren’t always easy. You’re not alone—and God loves you. Everything will be okay; somehow there’s a reason for what’s going on 💜


Here’s the link to that video: It is Well

No comments:

Post a Comment