Thursday, December 3, 2020

Good Mornin’ to Ya

 “Good mornin’ to ya!” I practically hollered. 

    The elderly man turned, came well within six feet of me, and looked deep into my eyes. “I know this is hard on all of us. You hang in there! Good mornin’—to you!” I could almost see his huge grin despite that hospital mask. 


And I don’t know why, but as he hobbled away, I started crying. It’s because this IS hard on so many people. It’s hard getting treatments and feeling sick from operations. It’s hard trying to make things better for family and friends who are struggling with the news. 


I just watched him, and as I cried I wished I could fix everyone in that damn cancer building. But I can’t. So for now, I’ll keep fiddling for strangers, making the waiting rooms “lively,” and yelling “good mornin’” to anyone unlucky enough to cross my path.


This might be tough, but I vow to be tougher. Remember that saying “God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle”? I like what someone else added: “Well then, God thinks I’m a badass.”


There you have it! Good morning!!! Er afternoon!!!


Sincerely,

A Certified Badass 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment