Monday, November 26, 2012

I Sewed THROUGH my finger: a funny Christmas Story

On Thanksgiving I sewed straight through my middle finger with my Bernina heavy-duty stitcher.  As the needle went through the second time, I pulled and the needle broke off.  Yeah . . . it wasn't fun.  But it's better than cutting a finger in half on a table saw--which I've also done.  Plus, it reminded me of my most hilarious Christmas moment and WHY I hate sewing.
 _____________________________________________
    To refresh your memory, I used to have a sewing business--one of the biggest of its kind on ebay.  I had over 500 customs outfits for sale at once.
    Here are some of the many sets I used to make.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I also specialized in funky appliques that people could design themselves.  
For example: two years ago a lady requested a pink-Christmas--zebra--Gingerbread Girl. That was a tough one! But here's what I came up with:
Photobucket 
 
 
So you get the point. I was in business for six years, and I sewed A LOT. 
    Well, my funniest Christmas experience happened after a woman from Israel ordered this outfit.
Photobucket 
 
    "For a little girl dressed as a bride?" the email simply said.  
    "Sure." I responded.  "This could work as a bride costume."
    She immediately sent the payment and the language barrier continued.   I meticulously deciphered each email and I'm sure she did the same.  Things went well that first day.
    Too bad I had no idea what waited in the future.  It still makes me laugh so hard I could cry.
    To be continued tomorrow. . . .