Another award, can you believe it?
Heartfelt Balance/Handmade Life
The good the bad and the family
The Cre8tive Mom
So, I'm supposed to accept this and write seven things about myself? Hmmmm . . .
1. Orange is the best color in the universe. God said, "Let there be light," and the light was orange.
2. I play six instruments: violin, piano, alto sax, tenor sax, clarinet and a bit on the drum set. I LOVE music and am teaching my two oldest daughters how to play the violin as well.
3. I own a sewing business: www.ecboutique.com
4. I've written two manuscripts which I hope to get published someday. One is a memoir about my son who had birth defects and one is a middle grade fantasy. My daughter wanted to know why her brother died and in an attempt to put a happy spin the situation, I wrote a fantasy about a boy who was taken by a witch and some pirates. The only way he could come back was if his sister journeyed to the bowels of the ocean and saved him.
5. I own only one casual dress and one pair of heels. Why? Because dresses suck and heels are even worse!
6. In high school one of my nicknames was "Bible Girl." I always carried a Bible with me, but it grew so old I duct taped it together. I held Bible studies during lunch and instead of buying regular food I'd always purchase Ben and Jerry's mint chocolate chip ice cream because ice cream rocks it like the 80's!
7. I hate being called a girly girl. There's nothing graver and it's worse than being tied to a tree. I AM NOT a girly girl. I love the outdoors and don't wear pink UNLESS it's on sale at the second hand store ;)