Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Phone Call Away

 Before we really knew what was going on, Mike and I went to a physic. He doesn’t believe in that sort of thing, but I honestly thought it would be interesting. 


The woman is a modern-day Maureen O’Hara, so beautiful you want to believe everything she’s saying. It’s almost like getting your fortune read by a Disney princess.


I thought even if it made no sense, it would be memorable. But deep down I hoped she’d be able to tell me something the doctors couldn’t last September. Why was I in so much pain?


Instead the reading went to a weird place and at one point Mike’s grandmother “appeared” in the room. Strange fact, both of Mike’s grandmothers are still alive. “She wants me to deliver a message to you....”


“They didn’t have to come all this way,” Mike said later. “If they wanted to talk to me, they can just call.”


Anyway, it’s hilarious. And we’ve both laughed about it. I did learn something really important though.


I guess I’ve been looking for answers in all the wrong places. Sometimes the people we should be reaching out to are only a phone call away. It shouldn’t have taken a psychic to tell me that. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing support system. Maybe next time, instead of seeking out strangers, I’ll just call one of Mike’s grandmas!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing a physic should alwayus be taken with a grain or salt till you know they are the real thing.
    I saw one in my early 20's who told me I would have 2 sons and 2 large black dogs, I am scared of large black dogs

    ReplyDelete